Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Cat part


I suppose a lot of you are wondering about the cat part of the title of my blog. I meant to post some pics sooner, but didn't. That's a photo of Baby up above. I have always heard that whatever you are doing when you are 10 years old is what you are meant to do. Well, I always had kittens to play with and the rest of the time I had a needle in my hand, sewing something. Guess what? That is what I do now and I am 6 x 10.

We had to put Baby out of his misery this year. He was only about 5 years old, was a huge guy with huge paws and was sickly from day one. We first saw him when his mother brought him out of hiding at 2 weeks of age. When he was tiny, I made a flannel pouch that hung around my neck and I would put him in it so that he could sleep after he got the appropriate medicine dose and hopefully get over whatever current illness he had and I could go about my business. This summer his kidneys and liver shut down and he couldn't recover. Even though we have three of his brothers, his mom and another one that I actually inherited - a story for another day, we still miss him. You always miss the one you lost. When he was well, which was rare, he was a real goof ball and so funny. Because of all his illnesses, he was really spoiled and truly a big baby - hence his name. We still miss him.
Sheila

No comments: