Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Jan. 1

Wow. Can you believe 2010 is here?
I don't make any resolutions normally, but this year I have one - to start my blog again. Here it is. I am proud of myself for figuring out how to post from a new email address, which was accomplished by simply adding myself as a new author. Hope it works. No computer wizards here. Sigh.
A friend of mine has encouraged me to start it up again and to post about nutritional things I have learned and to discuss health issues. So not all the posts will be about cats or quilts. In fact quilts have taken a backseat in my life for the past year and 8 months. Cats, on the other hand, are ever present in my life. I have three of the little beasties: Twinnie, Lumpy, and Gizmo. I hope to feature them in a few posts from time to time. That should bore everyone. Hmm, which is more boring, do you suppose - my cats or my health issues? That's a tough one. Hopefully, my health insights will be of some use to a few people, but I doubt that my cat stories will be.
I leave you on this first day of the year and the first day of my return to blogging with a thing I have learned: don't eat artificial sweeteners. Period. They are unbelievably bad for you and no one should be consuming them. You can research this for yourself, as I have, and you will conclude that the very first kind thing you can do for your body and brain is to stop consuming any and all artificial sweeteners. In case you think that was an easy thing for me to give up, let me assure you that I used to drink lots of diet cokes every day and I missed them immensely at first. Also, if you are drinking them thinking that they will keep your weight down, you need to rethink that one. Some studies have shown that you will lose an average of 25 pounds in a year if you eliminate artificial sweeteners. Nope, I have lost track of where to look that up, but I am sure you can find that info if you look for it. In my case, I did lose 25 pounds in a year, but not drinking diet cokes was only one small change I made. (This blog will not be all about weight loss, by the way. It will be about eating healthy, etc.)
Happy new year to all of you.
Sheila H.

No comments: