Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Jan. 3

Just a quickie for today. Still on the health thing. My husband told me he watched a show the other night and it said that they (nope, I don't know who "They" is/are) had tested the hair of people and that it was 50% corn. Yikes, how scary is that piece of info? We - my husband and I - already knew that the American food supply was full of corn, as I am probably allergic to it and we have been avoiding it like the plague for the last year and a half. Believe me, some form of corn is in all the processed foods people are eating. It could be high fructose corn syrup or cornstarch or dextrose, etc., but it is there in some form. Did you know that even common iodized table salt has cornstarch in it? It is used as an anti-caking agent. Avoiding corn makes avoiding gluten look easy. I know. I avoid them both.
More later.
Sheila H.

No comments: